Sunday 30 September 2012

Decorating Ideas for Fall

Autumn is my favourite season due to the stunning colour transformations that take place around us. 
 
Nature can be so breathtaking and beautiful.
 
My daughter Elise asked me if we could get out the fall decorations soon & I think I got  more excited about it than she did! That is our project for the week and here are some inspirational fall decorating ideas if you are thinking of doing the same.  
 
Pretty Ideas that are Quick and Easy   


In the above vignette the cloth that the items are displayed upon is natural and unfussy.  The glass gives an unexpected touch of class while the swirled vine adds an interesting element.  
 
So simple and pretty
All you need here is a decorative bowl, baby pumpkins and ribbon.
I like the texture of the dried leaves, the unusual vase and the pop of colour provided by the pumpkin.
At first glance I wasn't overly crazy about this decoration piece in the above photograph. However, I kind of like it now and it's so easy to do.  What do you think?  Click here to visit my facebook page and leave a comment telling me what your thoughts are about this little guy. 

If you do something like this, spacing is the key to getting it balanced in an eye pleasing way.
Filling lanterns with fall decor items such as pumpkins, leaves, nuts, pine cones or gourds is an easy way to reflect the change of the season and when winter comes, swap them out with Christmas items.
 
Notice the contrast with the deep dark lanterns and brightly coloured decor within them.

Entertaining guests for the holidays?  Here's a great festive way to show off the yummy food!


Source


Ok, maybe not so quick and easy, but definitely pretty!
I am super ecstatic to set up my decor for fall especially since taking down my dried summer hanging baskets. Some great places for fall items are Pier One, Homesense, Michaels Craft Store and of course, Pottery Barn.   How will you decorate for fall this year?

I love large porches with rockers, something very cozy about them.

Join me on facebook!  Each week I post pretty decor pictures and pose questions.  I love how everyone has an opinion!  Please 'Like' my page at www.facebook.com/creatingcontrast  to join in the conversation.
 
Love getting fabulous decorating ideas? Become a subscriber by entering your e-mail address  below so you don't miss a beat - especially with Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas right around the corner.  I promise lots of inspiring ideas that are sure to help you fall in love with your home again.
 
If you need help decorating your home before the holidays, contact me, I'd be happy to help with your design dilemmas.  E-mail me at:  claire@creatingcontrastdesigns.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment